Wood has always been my go-to medium for art, furniture and custom projects. You could say I always have wood on the brain and that's why I named my business 'Wood Brain'. Pretty much all the wood I use is reclaimed wood that I personally collect to create unique handcrafted products for both women and men like; Wood Planters, Wood Jewelry and Paintings on Wood. Please take look and let me know what you think-
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Wood Brain will be at Unique LA Spring show and CAMP Unique
LA is the largest independent design show in the
country, attendees get the rare chance to meet and shop directly from over 350
hand-selected designers and artists. The exciting two-day shopping event makes
it easy to buy local and shop handmade. The products at the
show are proudly made right here in the USA.
Applications opened for the Spring 2013 show on Febuary 18th and
closed on March 31. I
applied for a (10'x20') shared booth along with two other amazingly talented people, Meredith Harbuck from meriebabie handbags and Dawn Sinacori from seadrift
soul. The three of us currently have a 10'x30' booth down at Crafted
in San Pedro. We've been looking forward to applying for Unique for quite some time now and applied for the show the day applications came out. We eagerly awaited April 1st when they sent out notifications of
acceptances. Exciting news came in the form of an email that day, notified us that we had been accepted into the Spring 2013 Unique LA Show...
At each show 10% of all ticket sales go to a partnering non-profit, we’re proud to be working with the Downtown Women’s Center (DWC) for the Spring Show.
• An exclusive UNIQUE LA tote bag, each one featuring a different artist’s work. Our last bag featured an illustration by Brian Rea who recently collaborated with Marni and illustrates the New York Times “Modern Love” column every week in the Sunday Styles section)! *for the first 5000 people through each day
• Unlimited re-entry for both days
• Our UNIQUE directory & mini-magazine!
• Free cocktails from our friends at Art in the Age, plus free drinks from IZZE, Honest Tea, GT’s Kombucha and more!
• Free DIY workshops + crafts from author Marisa Lynch all weekend long!
• Our curated cafe featuring LA’s best restaurants and trucks, so you can enjoy lunch or dinner, snacks, coffee or a sweet treat
OUR MISSION IS TO HELP ENTREPRENEURS SUCCEED
Our formula is simple; gather a network of like-minded doers, place them in the environment of a summer camp and provide a curated curriculum that allows them to rediscover the youthful idea that “anything is possible.”
I was very excited to hear about Uniques newest project CAMP Unique, a new style of business retreat, geared towards creative small businesses. I was also stoked to find out that CAMP will be held in Big Bear at the YMCA's Camp Whittle, the same place I was a camp councilor for many years.
I'm looking forward to attending CAMP in June.
June 6 – 9, 2013. All Camper’s board a private bus that departs from Los Angeles the morning of Thursday June 6, and return to Los Angeles in the afternoon, Sunday June 9th.
(Click picture above for link to CAMP schedule)
(Click on the pictures above for more information)