I'm already looking forward to the Academy of Handmade Awards Show 2015.
MENTORSHIP FROM ACADEMY OF HANDMADE SENIOR MEMBERS
ADVICE AND ENCOURAGEMENT THROUGH THE EXCLUSIVE FACEBOOK GROUP
LOCAL GUIDES WHERE MEMBERS CAN LIST WHERE THEY ARE SOLD AND WHAT THEY SELL (COMING IN LATE 2014)
MEMBER RESOURCE DIRECTORY LISTING THE AREAS OF EXPERTISE OF EACH MEMBER FOR OTHER MEMBERS TO CALL ON WHEN THEY HAVE QUESTIONS (COMING IN SUMMER 2014)
MEMBERSHIP BADGE THAT CAN BE DISPLAYED ON YOUR DIGITAL MEDIA OUTLETS AND A FABRIC BADGE THAT YOU CAN DECORATE AND USE IT IN YOUR STOREFRONT, SHOW TABLE OR HOWEVER YOU'D LIKE!
DISCOUNTED TICKET AND PRIORITY INVITE TO THE AHAS AWARDS CEREMONY
FREE NOMINATIONS FOR AND EXCLUSIVE ABILITY TO VOTE FOR THE AHAS AWARDS
20% DISCOUNT TO SIGNATURE NEXT LEVEL BUSINESS WORKSHOP
EXCLUSIVE INVITES FOR YOU AND UP TO TWO FRIENDS TO SELECT NETWORKING EVENTS
DISCOUNTS TO ALL ACADEMY OF HANDMADE EVENTS
ABILITY TO APPLY FOR GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
ANNUAL MEMBERS MEETING LETS YOU GIVE INPUT ON ORGANIZATION DIRECTION (MEMBERS OUTSIDE OF IMMEDIATE AREA CAN ALSO "VIRTUALLY" ATTEND).
PROMOTION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ON THE ACADEMY OF HANDMADE MEMBERS PAGE
ADVOCACY FOR HANDMADE BUSINESS CAUSES INCLUDING COMMUNITY AWARENESS AND POLICY ISSUES (SUCH AS HEALTHCARE AND BUSINESS REGULATIONS)
SATISFACTION FROM KNOWING YOUR DUES ARE GOING TO ACTIVITIES THAT CELEBRATE, SUPPORT AND CONNECT THE HANDMADE COMMUNITY
- Application Fee and Membership Dues: You will be required to first pay your non-refundable application fee ($10) and your membership dues ($75) which will be refunded if you are not admitted into the Academy.
- Application Submission: Please fill out the application form giving as much detail as possible. This will help us in deciding if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Acceptance: Congratulations! You are now officially a member of the Academy of Handmade Artists and Supporters and may enjoy all of its privileges as well as the responsibility to celebrate, strengthen and connect with the handmade business community.
- Non-Acceptance: If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, you will receive a notice telling you why. If you feel there has been confusion and/or error in the decision you may petition the academy. Further details will be given at the time of non-acceptance.
- Textiles (wovens)
- Textiles (non-wovens)
- Textiles (needlework)
- Bath/Body Care
- Stone (precious, semi-precious, minerals, crystals, etc.)
- Living Medium (plants, flowers, etc.)
- Blogging (not just tutorials, but includes handmade business topics)
- Craft Show (owner or employee)
- Craft Business Support (the business should demonstrate that it primarily deals with makers and/or have unique business concepts that would primarily apply to makers)
- Craft Center/Museum (owner or employee)